So I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Samantha over at Sami Talks Beauty. I literally had no idea what this was, but upon reading the post I discovered that the premise was you have to write 7 facts about yourself, then nominate 15 other bloggers to do the same. Pretty cool, right?
So here goes.
1. I have fantasies about living in a 1950s utopia. Most of my social media feed is filled with “sex positive” content, which is great- but- I still have this recurring fantasy where I wake up in this #tradlife dreamworld where everyone just dated to find relationships, we all got married at 22 and “gender neutral” wasn’t a thing.
2. I think I should be Prime Minister. No seriously. This blog is about dating, but I’m actually pretty into politics and get really frustrated by how the country is run, so I feel I should somehow be given the opportunity to be in charge and create this work-hard capitalist no-bullshit society.
3. I turned vegetarian when I was 12. I thought this was super-late as some of my friends were already vegetarians, but now when I tell people I’ve been a vegetarian for 14 years that seems like a super-long time. I keep umming and ahhing about making the leap to veganism, but I don’t think I could live without cheese and I’m worried that would be another potential reason for people to not date me.
4. I touched a huge snake when I was 5. We were on a family holiday in France, and me and my cousins were playing in the garden, when we saw this GIGANTIC snake with a huge chunk bitten out of its neck. I went over and gave it a pat. By some miracle, it didn’t bite me. My cousins ran to get the adults, and my uncle found a huge stick and chucked it over the fence. I went inside and my grandma asked if I’d touched the snake. I lied and said I hadn’t.
5. I love animals, but I’m more of a dog person than a cat person. When I was younger, I preferred cats, so I nagged my parents into getting a cat. The breeders told us he was a short haired cat, but he grew up to be this very beautiful cat- but with long, sticky fur that molted everywhere and clung to everything. My parents hated him, so from then on we got dogs- we’ve since had a minature schnauzer and a wirefox terrier. I find I prefer dogs now- I like cats just fine, but there’s something about a dog that’s just more cuddly.
6. I want to get married, but don’t want a big wedding. Sounds strange, but I have a really low tolerance for flaky behaviour and whenever I do stuff with friends people always pull out. I heard a horror story from a friend who organised another friend’s hen do, and loads of people pulled out last minute and wouldn’t pay her back for the hotel she’d already paid for- so she ended up £300 down. If that happened to me, I think I’d be unable to restrain myself from enacting some form of physical violence on those people. So if I got married it would have to be family only, or just elope.
7. My short-term memory is awful, but I have a videographic long-term memory. I fyou ask me to bring something to an event, I’ll probably forget, but I can remember exact conversations, outfits I was wearing, and events that happened years ago. This gets me in trouble sometimes, because people will try and claim someone said one thing, and I’ll be like NO THEY DIDN’T THEY ACTUALLY SAID THIS.
OK so for my nominations. The bloggers I nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award are *drumroll*: